If you are a publisher who uses Google Ads to monetize your website, you might be wondering how to optimize your cost per click (CPC) and increase your earnings.
CPC is the amount that you earn each time a user clicks on an ad displayed on your site. The CPC for any ad is determined by the advertiser, who bids for the ad space in a real-time auction.
Some advertisers may be willing to pay more per click than others, depending on the type, quality, and relevance of their ads.
In this article, we will share some tips and best practices on how to optimize your cost per click Google Ads for publishers, based on the latest data and trends from various sources.
We will also cover some common questions and challenges that publishers face when using Google Ads, such as:
- How does cost per click Google Ads vary by industry and location?
- How does cost per click Google Ads compare to other ad networks and platforms, such as Google AdSense and Google AdWords?
- How can you reduce your cost per click Google Ads and improve your return on investment (ROI)?
- How can you measure and track your cost per click Google Ads performance and results?
By the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of how cost per click Google Ads works, and how you can use it to grow your online business and revenue.
How does cost per click Google Ads vary by industry and location?
One of the factors that affects your cost per click Google Ads is the industry and location of your website and audience. Different industries and locations have different levels of competition, demand, and profitability, which influence the CPC rates that advertisers are willing to pay.
According to a report by WordStream, the average cost per click Google Ads for the search network (the ads that appear on Google’s search results pages) in 2022 was $2.69, while the average cost per click Google Ads for the display network (the ads that appear on other websites that partner with Google) was $0.75. However, these averages vary significantly by industry and location.
For example, the report shows that the most expensive industries for cost per click Google Ads on the search network were Legal ($6.75), Consumer Services ($6.40), and Technology ($3.80), while the cheapest industries were E-commerce ($1.16), Travel and Hospitality ($1.53), and Industrial Services ($2.14). On the display network, the most expensive industries were Dating and Personals ($1.49), Technology ($1.27), and Finance and Insurance ($1.19), while the cheapest industries were Auto ($0.39), Travel and Hospitality ($0.44), and Home and Garden ($0.45).
Similarly, the cost per click Google Ads also varies by location, depending on the market size, competition, and purchasing power of the users. According to a report by Lido2, the average cost per click Google Ads for the United States in 2022 was $2.32, while the average cost per click Google Ads for India was $0.51. The report also shows that the most expensive countries for cost per click Google Ads were Norway ($4.29), the United Arab Emirates ($3.72), and Switzerland ($3.64), while the cheapest countries were Pakistan ($0.06), Nepal ($0.06), and Bangladesh ($0.08).
As a publisher, you should be aware of the cost per click Google Ads trends and benchmarks for your industry and location, so that you can set realistic expectations and goals for your ad revenue. You should also consider targeting niches and markets that have high demand and low competition, where you can potentially earn higher CPC rates and profits.
How does cost per click Google Ads compare to other ad networks and platforms, such as Google AdSense and Google AdWords?
Another factor that affects your cost per click Google Ads is the type and source of the ads that you display on your site. Google Ads is not the only option for publishers who want to monetize their website with online advertising. There are other ad networks and platforms that you can use, such as Google AdSense and Google AdWords, which have different features, benefits, and drawbacks.
Google AdSense is a program that allows publishers to display ads from Google and its partners on their website, and earn revenue based on the number of clicks or impressions. Google AdSense is easy to set up and use, as you only need to paste a code snippet on your site and choose the ad formats and placements that you want. Google AdSense automatically matches the ads to your site’s content and audience, and handles the billing and payments for you. Google AdSense pays you 68% of the revenue for content ads, and 51% of the revenue for search ads.
Google AdWords is a platform that allows advertisers to create and run online advertising campaigns on Google’s search and display networks, as well as other platforms such as YouTube and Gmail. Google AdWords is more complex and advanced than Google AdSense, as you need to set up and manage your own campaigns, bids, budgets, keywords, and targeting options. Google AdWords charges you based on the number of clicks or impressions that your ads receive, and the amount that you pay depends on the quality and relevance of your ads, as well as the competition and demand for your keywords.
As a publisher, you can use both Google AdSense and Google AdWords to monetize your website, depending on your goals and preferences. Google AdSense is a good option for beginners or publishers who have low traffic levels, as it is simple and convenient to use, and does not require much maintenance or optimization. Google AdWords is a good option for advanced or publishers who have high traffic levels, as it gives you more control and flexibility over your ads, and allows you to access more advertisers and campaigns.
However, both Google AdSense and Google AdWords have some limitations and disadvantages, such as:
- Google AdSense and Google AdWords have strict policies and guidelines that you must follow, or else you risk getting your account suspended or banned.
- Google AdSense and Google AdWords have high competition and low profitability in some industries and locations, which can affect your CPC rates and earnings.
- Google AdSense and Google AdWords have limited customization and personalization options for your ads, which can affect your user experience and engagement.
Therefore, you should also consider using other ad networks and platforms that can complement or supplement your cost per click Google Ads, such as:
- Header bidding: Header bidding is a technique that allows publishers to auction their ad inventory to multiple ad networks and platforms simultaneously, before sending the request to Google AdSense or Google AdWords. This way, publishers can increase their ad revenue by getting the highest bid for each impression, and reduce their reliance on Google’s ad ecosystem. According to a report by Snigel, header bidding can increase ad revenue by 35% to 65% compared to Google AdSense or Google AdWords alone.
- Native ads: Native ads are ads that match the look, feel, and function of the media format and platform where they appear, such as sponsored articles, videos, or social media posts. Native ads are more engaging and less intrusive than traditional banner or text ads, as they blend in with the content and context of the website. According to a report by eMarketer, native ads can generate up to 8.8 times higher click-through rates than display ads, and up to 18% higher purchase intent than banner ads.
- Video ads: Video ads are ads that use video as the main medium to deliver the message and call to action, such as pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll ads on YouTube or other video platforms. Video ads are more captivating and persuasive than static or text ads, as they can convey more information and emotion in a shorter time. According to a report by Wyzowl, video ads can increase brand awareness by 54%, increase traffic by 53%, and increase sales by 51%.
By using a combination of different ad networks and platforms, you can diversify your income sources, optimize your ad performance, and maximize your cost per click Google Ads revenue.
How can you reduce your cost per click Google Ads and improve your return on investment (ROI)?
One of the main challenges that publishers face when using cost per click Google Ads is how to reduce their costs and improve their return on investment (ROI). Cost per click Google Ads can be expensive and inefficient if you don’t optimize your campaigns and website properly, as you might end up paying more for clicks that don’t convert or generate revenue.
To reduce your cost per click Google Ads and improve your ROI, you need to follow some best practices and strategies, such as:
- Use relevant and specific keywords: Keywords are the words and phrases that users type into Google’s search box to find what they are looking for. Keywords are also the words and phrases that advertisers bid on to show their ads to those users. As a publisher, you need to use relevant and specific keywords for your website and content, so that you can attract the right audience and advertisers for your niche. You can use tools such as Google Keyword Planner and Keyword CPC Calculator to research and analyze the best keywords for your site, based on factors such as search volume, competition, and CPC.
- Optimize your ad quality and relevance: Ad quality and relevance are the measures of how well your ads match the user’s intent and expectations, as well as the content and context of your website. Ad quality and relevance affect your ad rank, which is the position of your ads on Google’s search or display network. The higher your ad rank, the more likely your ads will be seen and clicked by users
Evergreen High Paying Keyword
Evergreen high paying keyword are keywords that have a high CPC (cost per click) value and remain relevant over time, unaffected by trends or seasons. These keywords are usually related to topics that are always searched and needed by many people, such as health, finance, education, law, technology, and others.
Why are evergreen high paying keyword important for niche and keyword blog/website? Because by using these keywords, you can increase your traffic, income, and authority of your blog/website significantly. You can attract more visitors who are interested in your content, get more clicks and conversions from your ads, and build a reputation as a source of quality and reliable information.
How to find and use evergreen high paying keyword for niche and keyword blog/website? There are some steps and strategies that you can do, such as:
- Tools such as Google Keyword Planner and Keyword CPC Calculator . These tools can help you find out the search volume, competition, and CPC value of various keywords that are relevant to your niche and keyword blog/website. You can choose keywords that have high search volume, low competition, and high CPC, as well as match your goals and target audience.
- Create quality, informative, and engaging content using the evergreen high paying keyword that you choose. You can write articles, make videos, or create infographics that provide solutions, tips, guides, or useful information for your readers or viewers. You can also optimize your content using SEO (search engine optimization) techniques, such as placing keywords in the title, subtitle, first paragraph, last paragraph, and meta description, as well as using tags H1, H2, H3, and others.
- Promote your content on various platforms and social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or Pinterest. You can attract more visitors by creating catchy titles, adding relevant images or videos, and providing short and clear descriptions or captions. You can also invite your readers or viewers to interact, comment, share, or follow your blog/website.
The following table shows 100 keywords/phrases with the highest CPC and their data on search volume, competition, and CPC:
|mesothelioma law firm||2,900||0.91||$179.01|
|donate car to charity california||590||0.81||$130.25|
|donate car for tax credit||1,300||0.74||$126.65|
|donate cars in ma||1,000||0.78||$125.58|
|donate your car sacramento||210||0.80||$118.20|
|how to donate a car in california||1,000||0.76||$111.21|
|sell annuity payment||1,600||0.73||$107.46|
|donate your car for kids||500||0.77||$106.01|
|structured annuity settlement||1,300||0.81||$100.80|
|car insurance quotes colorado||3,600||0.75||$100.93|
|dayton freight lines||2,900||0.39||$99.37|
|harddrive data recovery services||210||0.76||$98.59|
|donate a car in maryland||500||0.82||$98.51|
|cheap domain registration hosting||1,900||0.79||$98.39|
|donating a car in maryland||200||0.82||$98.20|
|donate cars illinois||1,000||0.80||$98.13|
|criminal defense attorneys florida||1,000||0.87||$98.07|
|best criminal lawyer in arizona||1,000||0.83||$97.93|
|car insurance quotes utah||2,400||0.82||$97.92|
|life insurance co lincoln||4,400||0.72||$97.07|
|holland michigan college||1,600||0.79||$95.74|
|online motor insurance quotes||6,600||0.88||$95.73|
|paperport promotional code||1,600||0.81||$95.13|
|world trade center footage||1,300||0.82||$95.02|
|massage school dallas texas||210||0.80||$94.90|
|psychic for free||1,000||0.85||$94.61|
|donate old cars to charity||500||0.81||$94.55|
|low credit line credit cards||2,400||0.83||$94.49|
|dallas mesothelioma attorneys||210||0.89||$94.33|
|car insurance quotes mn||2,900||0.82||$94.29|
|donate your car for money||500||0.78||$94.01|
|cheap auto insurance in va||1,900||0.77||$93.84|
|forensics online course||1,000||0.83||$93.51|
|home phone internet bundle||1,900||0.79||$93.32|
|donating used cars to charity||500||0.80||$93.17|
|phd in counseling education||1,000||0.82||$92.99|
|car insurance quotes pa||5,400||0.81||$92.88|
|royalty free images stock||6,600||0.82||$92.76|
|car insurance in south dakota||500||0.82||$92.72|
|email bulk service||1,000||0.79||$92.55|
|cheap car insurance for ladies||2,900||0.82||$92.23|
|cheap car insurance in virginia||1,600||0.78||$92.03|
|register free domains||2,900||0.79||$92.03|
|better conferencing calls||2,000||0.78||$91.44|
|virtual data rooms||2,900||0.87||$83.18|
|automobile accident attorney||1,000||0.86||$75.64|
|auto accident attorney||1,000||0.84||$75.17|
|car accident lawyers||2,900||0.85||$75.17|
|data recovery raid||1,000||0.83||$73.22|
|criminal lawyer miami||1,000||0.83||$70.44|
|motor insurance quotes||8,100||0.89||$68.61|
|personal injury lawyer||2,900||0.86||$66.53|
|car insurance quotes||301,000||0.88||$63.16|
|asbestos lung cancer||1,000||0.85||$60.96|
|personal injury law firm||1,000||0.83||$60.56|
|online criminal justice degree||1,900||0.86||$60.04|
|car insurance companies||60,500||0.84||$58.66|
|business voip solutions||1,000||0.81||$51.9|
|auto mobile shipping quote||1,000||0.80||$50.07|
|health records, personal health record||1,000||0.81||$40.00|
|online stock trading||6,600||0.87||$35.00|